In his completely-online Layer Up! Crash Course In Layering, Fett shows you how to dramatically improve the emotional impact and fullness of your recordings. “Layering” is one of those secret pro techniques that can make the difference between an “almost there” recording and a “front of the pack” recording.
When you complete this course, you’ll have a completely new, fresh perspective on “arranging’ parts in a recording, as well as many specific suggestions for techniques that you can use on your own recordings immediately.
This video-based course is chock-full of not just excellent ideas, but many specific illustrations using two guitars, played live at the same time, so you can see and hear the impact that layering can have — even in the most basic arrangement.
The course isn’t taught on specific dates. Instead, it is 100% on-demand and available at any time, from anywhere. It is entirely Internet-based, and all the course videos are also fully downloadable to your own computer or other device. This means that not only can you take the course at your convenience, as many tines as you’d like, but you also have guaranteed lifetime access to the course materials if you download them.
Here’s the full outline of the modules in this course (also see below for a sample video of actual course content):
- What Is Layering And Why Is It Important?
- How To Get The Most Out Of This Program
- Introductory Video: The Process
- The Baseline: Basic Doubling
Layering With Different Instruments:
- Same Part, Different Body Style
- Same Part, Different Type of 6-string Instrument
- Same Part, Different Number Of Strings, Different Native Pitch
Layering With The Same Instrument:
- Same Instrument, Different Part
- Capos, Different Voicings and Alternate Tunings
- Different Right-hand Rhythmic Patterns
- Pumps, Holds and Rakes
- Alternating Beats and Chanks
- Different Time Signatures
Layering With MIDI and Virtual Instruments:
- Using Layering For MIDI/Virtual Instrument Parts
- BONUS MATERIAL! “Happy Song” Performance
Here is a video sampler of the course content. At the end, the video says to e-mail Fett to sign up, but you can simply click on the link at the bottom of this page. Enjoy the video, and hope to see you in class!
Sign up for this course NOW for just
Just click the following link to register: